Friday, March 9, 2007

Lampshade Recycling Bin

Just to give y'all a sample of how my strange mind works, here is a quick project I did to re-use some junk and meet a need. As you can see below, I made a very handy small recycling bin with a furry lampshade that was going to waste in my closet.


To make my fuzzy paper basket, I simply pulled out the metal light bulb holder (It was quite easy--I just gave a gentle tug, but I'm sure that even the tough ones could be removed with good pliers).

Then I traced the small end of the lampshade on cardboard. Once I had the circle traced, I drew additional flaps on the cardboard. I cut out the cardboard, and then all I had to do was tape the flaps inside with clear packing tape (See below).



The whole project took 20 minutes at most. I'm proud of this simple task because it shows that the best re-use crafts combine need with whatever happens to be lying around. All it takes is creativity.

No comments: