Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sewing 101

I have so many posts in my head right now. Unfortunately, my computer is acting up, so it's hard to upload pictures. Nevertheless, I'm pushing onward.

Exciting news: I just got my new sewing machine! I took a one-day sewing workshop a couple of weeks ago at Spark Craft Studios, a local craft store. During it, I produced my first complete sewing project, a simple bag.


Making it was so fun, that I knew I had to get a machine of my own. Right now, I'm in the process of making a mini skirt out of an old pair of jeans and some fabric I picked up. The main barrier is that I really need to invest in more thread. But I promise to post pics as soon as I get it done.

1 comment:

Farah said...

I'm so jealous, I still want to take a sewing class, buy a sewing machine, and make a bunch of cool clothes. ah, i might have to rethink this lawyer thing haha