Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Story of A Futon in 3 Parts

Part 1: The box. Good thing I bought a box cutter the day before. [Not pictured: Me and the random guy who works in the apartment complex, lugging the 140 pound box up to my 2nd floor apartment. He was the only person I knew, so I called him and begged him to come help me.]
Part 2: The futon. I used the lovely allen key to attach legs. Then, I tackled the surprisingly difficult task of attaching the cover. I think this project counts as DIY. It certainly took long enough.

Part 3: Ta Da! The finished product, and one of the only 2 pieces of furniture in the apartment right now (along with the bed). It's okay, though, since I'm headed on a trip back home for a few weeks before I move the rest of my stuff in. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some more furnishings figured out in the interim!

No comments: